Bronte College is internationally recognized for providing a holistic-quality education to young minds in a stimulating learning environment. This reputation is aided by Bronte College’s strong support system, small class sizes, a tutorial centre, and highly qualified staff. Our main objective is to build a solid foundation and prepare students for secondary and post-secondary education by not only learning, but by learning to understand.
Bronte College is proud to consistently produce well-qualified graduates who are highly sought after by the highest-ranked universities in Canada and around the world. It is our aim to provide students with an education that not only meets the Ontario Ministry of Education Curriculum guidelines, but also goes beyond them through the Advanced Placement (AP) Program, the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) and Middle Years Programme (MYP) as well as English as a Second Language (ESL) Program.
The academic scheme at the Senior campus is based on a credit system where one credit is gained for every 110-hour course successfully completed. A student may earn as many as four credits in any one semester. Semesters start in September, February and the summer semester in July. Students may join Bronte College during any one of these convenient intakes. We offer a unique specialized Grade 12 (pre-university) program in January to highly motivated students with a strong academic background. Students can complete the Express Program either in June or August.
The programs that Bronte College offers are listed and described below:
- Kindergarten: Focuses on the creation of an active learning environment, and is designed to develop both the social and cognitive skills of the child in a balanced environment in preparation for grade school. Click here more information.
- Grades 1-5: Designed to develop higher level thinking skills through a transdisciplinary approach to learning. Students are challenged through the IB Primary Years Programme up to grade 5, which encourages international-mindedness, a positive attitude to learning, and reflects real life. Click here more information.
- Grades 6-8: Recognize the transition students are making as they make their way through adolescence and continue to learn about the ever-changing world around them. Understanding that these are incredibly formative years in terms of a child’s personal, social, physical, and intellectual development, the IB Middle Years Programme encourages students to become critical and reflective thinkers. Click here more information.
- Grades 9 & 10: Provides students with the skills and content base for specialization in grades 11 and 12. Click here for more information.
- Grade 11 & 12: Provides university/college preparation courses for grades 11 and 12; designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills needed to meet entrance requirements for university and college programs. Click here for more information.
- Express Program: Provides qualified Grade 12 students a pre-university program whereby students start school in January and complete six courses in order to enter university in September of the same year. Click here for more information.
- Advanced Placement (AP) Program: Provides students the opportunity to learn university-level studies while attending high school. Click here for more information.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme: Designed for students to become and think like global citizens, and most importantly, to become passionate about learning through an inquiry-based learning approach. Click here more information.
- English Language Program: Provides students support at a variety of levels to meet individual needs and to reach a standard of English such that students transition into a fully English academic program. Click here for more information.
- Summer Camp: Provides young people from Canada and around the world the opportunity to improve their English through the Fun ESL Summer Camp. For those who would like academic enrichment we present the Fun Math and Science Summer Camp. Click here for more information.